I am currently living in Jeffersonville, Vermont. I'm taking a fallow period to explore my interests in business, meditation, technology, and more.
- - I'm heading to San Francisco for a week to visit an old friend.
- - I am doing some freelancing work for Brightmind, a start-up that is developing a meditation app based on the teachings of Shinzen Young. I am also working to learn more about business, because I am considering becoming self-employed. Please review my services page, and contact me if you think we might be able to work together!
- - I did a week-long retreat with Shinzen Young at the Monastic Academy's new location last month. I am also teaching meditation, in two venues: at a local yoga studio, and one-on-one over phone and video chat. These have been wonderful opportunities to share what I learned at the Monastic Academy with others. One thing I'm excited about is that I'm going to start teaching a weekly class for children at the studio!
- - I'm still enjoying learning more about programming in Clojure and ClojureScript. I've made quite a few projects, including: an interactive essay about the Major System, (which helps you to memorize numbers); a way to learn the NATO Phonetic Alphabet; and a tool for generating "workout routines" of meditation techniques. My main project right now is creating a way to play "Codenames," à la horsepaste.com, but written in Clojure and ClojureScript. It's been a great way to learn how to create a user interface.
- - I've been playing a lot of board games. They're a reliable way to have fun, especially in social settings, but I also like that they tend to make me learn new ways to think. I have been playing a lot of games on Board Game Arena, a site dedicated to hosting multi-player board games online. I have been playing "Pandemic Legacy" (Season 1) with my partner and her parents - we're planning to get Season 2 when it comes out. My favorite games so far are: Codenames, Pandemic, Noir, Secret Moon, and Outlaws.
- - I am spending a lot of time reading. (And listening to audiobooks!) I tend to read books about meditation and spirituality, polyamory and human relationships, business, technology, and other books that support me in my various projects. You can track what I am currently reading and what I've read so far this year.
I last updated this page on October 4th, 2017.